Today, Happiness at Home Heath care Inc. released the following letter to all clients and family members regarding COVID-19.
In future, all updates can be found at this blog or on our Facebook page.
Dear Happiness at Home Health care Client,
As we all continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we wanted to reach out and share the additional safety measures we are taking to keep ourselves healthy and safe for you.
As your trusted partner for your home care support needs, we are committed to delivering our services to you in the safest manner possible.
This situation continues to evolve and we will continue to evolve with it. Hygiene standards for our team have always been a top priority and as such continues to be so. Know that everyone in our business understands that we must comply with these standards.
Additional safety measures we have taken include:
– Following recommendations from the BC Centre for Disease Control (www.bccdc.com). You will find an entire web-page dedicated to the latest information on COVID-19.
– Ensuring our team understands the requirements if they become ill and are being asked to stay home and take care of themselves.
– Staying away from hospitals for new client and current client visitation.
– Keeping our office disinfected on a daily basis, cleaning phones, keyboards, door handles, and light switches or panels.
– Avoiding business situations where groups of people convene.
As our clients, you can also help to control the spread of infection by following the recommended and usually flu and cold standards:
– Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid touching your face. Wash your hands every time you use a public washroom and avoid touching taps, counter tops, and door handles.
– Ensure your prescriptions are filled and up to date. Move towards regular home delivery if this is an option for you rather than venturing out to crowded place where many people convene.
– In your home, ensure you disinfect your light switches and panels, door handles, and daily used items, such as your TV and electronic remotes, your computer keyboards and accessories, cell phones on a regular basis. Use disinfectant wipes which state they kill 99+% of germs.
– Ensure your home is stocked with proper disinfectant cleaning supplies for our care givers to use. If you are unsure, speak with your care giver about what is required and running low.
– Lastly, be vigilant as to where you visit. Avoid potential crowds. Make use of online services such banking and or grocery shopping and delivery if you can.
We are committed to keeping everyone’s safety in mind. We will continue to monitor this situation and keep you updated. We will be updating our website blog at www.happinessathome.ca and our Facebook page at @HAHCFV as new information becomes available. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call or email me or Mary at the office.
Thank you and be safe and stay healthy,
Frank Moravec, Director, Client Care
Happiness at Home Health care