Many times, caring for a client involves family, and Happiness at Home Health Care can play a role in providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (e.g. a wife caring for a husband or a daughter/son caring for her/his parents). Constant care giving can bring considerable stress, because the caregiver’s focus is centered on the one needing care.
In the 21st Century, the demands placed on family and other informal caregivers continue to escalate, and will eventually affect nearly every Canadian family. It’s everyone’s greatest fear: a parent starts to forget things…he becomes bewildered, confused, and angry…finally, he can’t take care of himself and needs full-time care. Adult children are increasingly faced with their biggest nightmare – parents who are as helpless as young children.
Happiness at Home Health Care can help you by providing:
- Qualified caring, trained, insured, bonded, and flexible caregivers who can help you take a few hours, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Our caregivers can assist your elderly loved one for a few hours per day, a few hours per week, or more. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. Also, if you request, we will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for your group. Visit the Fall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in the multi-faceted process of ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe, which is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help you, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you are a family caregiver in needs of some help, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.TAKE THE FIRST STEP